On behalf of our management team, we appreciate your continued patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.
Fox Run is grateful to have zero confirmed resident cases of COVID-19 in Skilled Nursing. All Skilled Nursing residents were tested for COVID-19 on Monday, 1.4.2021 and 1.11.2021 and all results are negative.
Fox Run is grateful to have zero confirmed resident cases of COVID-19 in Assisted Living. All Assisted Living residents (excluding Memory Care) were tested for COVID-19 on Monday, 1.11.2021 and 1.18.2021 and all results are negative. The most recent resident case is off isolation and quarantine protocols. All Assisted Living in-person dining schedules have resumed as well as all group activities to keep our Community Members engaged.
Governor Cuomo’s policy on micro-cluster zones states that the majority of Erie County including Orchard Park is designated as an Orange Zone. The Governor requires all staff working in Skilled Nursing in an Orange Zone to be tested for COVID-19 twice per week until further notice. The Assisted Living & Memory Care staff continue to be tested once per week, until further notice.
All visitation for the Health Center is suspended until further notice.
The NYSDOH released a mandate with regards to Health Center residents going off the Fox Run campus. If you choose to take a resident who resides in the Fox Run Health Center off-campus, they are required to have a COVID-19 test and a negative result with-in 24 hours to be able to return back to the Fox Run campus. That resident will have to quarantine at Fox Run for 14 days and is required to have three additional COVID-19 tests during that 14 day quarantine. Please note, this does NOT apply to necessary medical appointments.
If you have any clinical questions regarding a loved one residing in Skilled Nursing, please contact Janine Fino, RN, Director of Nursing. If you have any clinical questions regarding a loved one residing in Assisted Living or Memory Care, please contact Dana Sagliani, RN, Program Coordinator. If you would like to schedule a FaceTime call, or a balcony visit, please contact Jennifer Pellicane. All contact information is listed below.
Fox Run contracted with Walgreens as our partner pharmacy and is in the process of starting to deliver and administer the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. This vaccine comes in the form of two doses that must be given approximately 21 days apart. Availability and distribution are determined by the NYSDOH and CDC. Walgreens Pharmacy will be completing the consent forms, administering the vaccination, monitoring for side effects, providing education, and reporting the vaccine information to the NYSDOH, ECDOH and CDC.
The first day of vaccinations was successful. On 1/15/2021, Walgreens administered approximately 120 vaccines to residents and staff. It was very well organized and ran very efficiently. We are thankful to report that there were no reactions to the vaccine. We continue to monitor all residents for any changes in their health.
The three vaccinations dates for Skilled Nursing are as follows:
Day one 1.15.2021: 120 doses were successfully given to all willing and able Skilled Nursing Residents and approximately half of the staff
Day two 2.5.2021: Administer second dose to all Skilled Nursing Residents and Skilled Nursing staff that received the vaccine on day one, as well as distribute first dose to any remaining Skilled Nursing Residents and staff, including new admissions
Day three 2.6.2021: Administer any remaining second doses from the Skilled Nursing Residents and staff in day two
The three vaccinations dates for Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living are as follows:
Day one 1.26.2021: All willing and able Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Independent Living Residents and at most, half of the staff will receive first dose
Day two 2.16.2021: Administer second dose to all Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living Residents and staff that received the vaccine on day one, as well as distribute first dose to any remaining Residents and staff, including new admissions
Day three 3.9.2021: Administer any remaining second doses from the Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Independent Living Residents and staff in day two
Fox Run will be able to vaccinate all of the Independent Living Residents and staff on Tuesday, 1.26.2021 when we vaccinate all the Assisted Living residents. All Residents and staff who wish to receive the vaccine must fill out the consent form as soon as possible and return it to the Commons reception desk.
Important information we would like to emphasize:
There will be approximately 21 days in between each clinic day. The vaccine is not mandatory. Anyone has the right to decline to receive the vaccine. If your loved one has capacity, it is their decision. Autonomy is very important but if your loved one is not able to make medical decisions, someone will reach out to the responsible party to gain consent. Any employee who receives the vaccine will still be required to be tested and wear all required PPE when at Fox Run. Previously infected or current COVID-19 positive cases may still receive the vaccine, they just cannot be in their initial 14 day isolation period. All individuals who receive the vaccine will be given a vaccination card.
Here is some information Walgreens Pharmacy has encouraged Fox Run to share with all Residents, families, and employees:
- Ruth Link-Gelles, PhD, Lieutenant Commander from the CDC, answers frequently asked questions and a Walgreens Pharmacy leader provides a view into the upcoming clinic process. https://wba.qumucloud.com/view/oDAT0v8obvH#/
- A Walgreens Clinic Tip Sheet file:///C:/Users/aolsen/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/RW4ATTF5/Clinic%20Tip%20Sheet.pdf
The Fox Run hair salon is open for Community Members residing in the Independent Living apartments and patio homes only. Please call Shari Barry at 716.508.2137 to book an appointment. The hair salon is open by appointment only, please leave a detailed message if no one answers. Unfortunately, all salon services continue to be suspended until further notice for the Community Members residing in the Fox Run Health Center, per NYSDOH.
Over the course of the pandemic, the Fox Run Health Center has had a total of twelve residents who have come off quarantine. With a deep sense of sadness, Fox Run has lost two Community Members whose deaths were COVID-19 related.
Fox Run continues to be in daily contact with NYSDOH and our local representative from the ECDOH to ensure all processes and protocols are strictly followed. We continue to go above and beyond CDC guidelines.
Should you have any questions regarding Fox Run and the COVID-19 pandemic please contact the Fox Run CEO Bill Wlodarczyk or Administrator Ally Olsen. Contact information is listed below.
Fox Run had a recent confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in an Independent Living apartment and that apartment followed all CDC guidelines and has come off all quarantine protocols. We are thankful all of our Independent Living residences are COVID-19 free.
Fox Run Independent Living Community Members & staff should continue to wear a mask at all times when in all commons areas including outdoors, and must try to maintain a distance of six feet from everyone.
Limited visitation is permitted outdoors and inside individual apartments & patio homes with strict guidelines. Visitors are NOT permitted in any indoor common areas. We stress the importance of Community Members to closely adhere to all social distancing precautions at all times (wear masks, frequent hand washing, six feet social distancing) but particularly when having visitors on the Fox Run campus.
All visitors must follow these important guidelines:
(Independent Living Community Members are responsible for ensuring all guidelines & protocols are followed by their visitors)
- Visitors are permitted from 8am-8pm daily, no overnight visits
- Number of visitors are limited to:
- Two for indoor visits per apartment or patio home
- Four for outdoor visits per apartment or patio home
- All visitors are required to wear a mask at all times, including outdoors, and must maintain a distance of six feet from one another
- All visitors (including outdoor visitors) MUST FIRST check-in at the Commons reception desk
- At check-in, a temperature check will be taken (to ensure it’s below 100℉) and each visitor must fill out a health questionnaire. If approved, a ‘visitor day pass’ will be issued
- After checking in, visitors must go directly to the apartment, patio home, or outdoor visiting area
- Visitors are NOT permitted to pick up meals or mail from the Commons
- Visitors are NOT permitted in The Oak Room including the patio, The Bistro, or The Michael J. Maloney Event Center
All visitors to the Fox Run Campus coming from another state must comply with Governor Cuomo’s travel advisory. The guidelines for travelers visiting from non-contiguous states (states that DO NOT share a common border with NYS) still require a 14-day quarantine. These non-contiguous out-of-state visitors may opt to ‘test out’ of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. See guidelines below. Visitors traveling from states that are contiguous with NYS will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory. The contiguous states include Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Vermont.
For any visitors traveling to NYS from out of state (except the contiguous states), new guidelines to ‘test-out’ of the mandatory 14-quarantine include:
- For travelers who were in a non-contiguous state for more than 24-hours:
- Traveler must obtain a COVID-19 test within three days of departure from that state
- Traveler must, upon arrival in NYS, quarantine for three days
- On the fourth day of quarantine, traveler must receive another COVID-19 test
- If both tests are negative, the traveler may exit quarantine upon receipt of the second negative COVID-19 test
- For travelers who were in a non-contiguous state for less than 24-hours:
- The traveler does NOT need a test prior to departure from the other state, and does NOT need to quarantine upon arrival in NYS
- The traveler must fill out the traveler information form upon entry into NYS, and take a COVID-19 test four days after arrival back into NYS
For further clarification and questions regarding the NYS travel advisory please visit the official NYS Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 website: COVID-19 Travel Advisory, https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
- Wednesday Covid Updates with Fox Run CEO, Bill Wlodarczyk
- Wednesdays at 2:00pm
- Friday Coffee Hour with Mary Wellington & Bill Wlodarczyk
- Fridays at 10:30am
- Fitness Classes with Jennelle Tucker, Fox Run Fitness Coordinator
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Mat Pilates/Yoga – 7:55am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Pilates/Yoga – 8:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Advance Strength & Stretch – 7:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Strength & Stretch – 8:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Gentle Seated – 10:55am
The Oak Room (formal dining), the Bistro (informal dining), the Acorn Club (private dining) and the Fox’s Den (pub) are closed for in-person dining, until further notice.
Fox Run is offering take-out and delivery:
- Breakfast: 8:00am-9:30am
- Lunch: 11:30am-1:30pm
- Dinner: 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Sunday Brunch (only meal): 11:00am-1:00pm
- Place orders in person at the hostess stand or call 716.508.2142
We recently introduced our version of a meal kit service created by the Fox Run Dining Services Team. This service provides an easy way for Fox Run Community Members & staff to cook their own innovative chef-like meals right at home. Each meal kit comes with a step-by-step recipe and all the ingredients needed, freshly packed and pre-portioned.
Fox Run Community Members may use their declining balance for one meal kit. Additional meals kits will be charged to the resident’s monthly service fee statement. Staff, cash only please.
To Order The Fox’s Market: The current weekly menu order forms will be distributed through in-house mailboxes every Sunday. Additional order forms are available at the hostess stand.
Please return all order forms to the hostess stand or by calling the Dining Services Department at 716.508.2142, by the deadline listed on the order form.
The Fitness center is open with restrictions. Community Members must social distance when using the equipment in the Fitness Center and must sanitize the equipment before and after every use.
Jennelle’s in-person fitness classes are on hold (tentatively) until the week of February 1.
All of Jennelle’s fitness classes will continue to broadcast on the Fox Run in-house TV Channel 1390 and on the secure Google drive, information below.
Is on hold (tentatively) until the week of February 1.
Fox Run Community Members may access Jennelle’s fitness classes online through a secure Google drive. These fitness videos can be watched at any time on your personal computer or device from the comfort of your own home.
All 10 fitness classes are on the Google drive: Mat Pilates/Yoga, Pilates/Yoga, Advance Strength & Stretch, Strength & Stretch, and Gentle Seated. If you would like more information or access to these fitness videos, please contact Jennelle Tucker, Fitness Coordinator at JTucker@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2113.
The pool is open with a limit of six Community Members in the pool area at one time. The hot tub and locker room showers are closed until further notice.
In-person religious services are suspended.
Catholic Mass will broadcast on Saturday at 4pm and Ecumenical service will broadcast on Sunday at 4pm on the Fox Run in-house TV Channel 1390.
- For assistance with Instacart deliveries, please contact Nicole Rooney, Activity Leader, her contact information is below
- Deliveries to Community Members living in the Arbor View apartments must be delivered to The Commons Building. Fox Run staff will call and ask the Community Member to come to the Commons Reception Desk to pick up their items. If the Community Member is unable, Fox Run staff will deliver them
- Deliveries to Community Members living in the Fox Run patio homes should go directly to the patio homes
- Any Fox Run Community Members that needs a mask, please contact the Commons Reception Desk
If you have questions or concerns about your Independent Living loved one please contact Mary Wellington, Director of Resident Services, her contact information is below.
On behalf of our management team, we appreciate your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.
Bill Wlodarczyk, CPA, Chief Executive Officer:
WWlodarczyk@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2122
Ally Olsen, MSW, LNHA, Administrator:
AOlsen@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2165
Mary Wellington, Director of Resident Services:
MWellington@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2106
Janine Fino, RN, Director of Nursing:
JFino@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2161
Dana Sagliani, LPN, Program Coordinator:
DSagliani@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2152
Jennifer Pellicane, Activity Supervisor:
JPellicane@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2157
Nicole Rooney, Activity Leader:
NRooney@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2108