On behalf of our management team, we appreciate your continued patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.
Fox Run is grateful to have zero confirmed Resident cases of COVID-19 in Skilled Nursing. All Skilled Nursing Residents were tested for COVID-19 and the flu on Sunday, 2.28.2021 and all results are negative. Skilled Nursing Residents will be tested again for COVID-19 on 3.7.2021.
Due to a Fox Run staff member testing positive for COVID-19 from our weekly mandated staff testing, visitation for Skilled Nursing is suspended for 14 days. This staff member was immediately taken off the schedule and cannot return until they receive a negative COVID-19 test result. Visitation is tentatively scheduled to resume on Sunday, 3.14.2021.
Skilled Nursing staff are tested twice per week, until further notice.
If you choose to take a Resident who resides in Skilled Nursing off-campus, they are required to have a COVID-19 test and a negative result with-in 24-hours to be able to return back to the Fox Run campus. That Resident will have to quarantine at Fox Run for 14 days and is required to have three additional COVID-19 tests during that 14 day quarantine. Please note, this does NOT apply to necessary medical appointments.
Keeping our Fox Run Residents and staff safe is our top priority. To schedule a virtual visit through FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom please contact Jennifer Pellicane, Activities Supervisor. If you have any clinical questions regarding a loved one residing in Skilled Nursing, please contact Janine Fino, RN, Director of Nursing. Please scroll down to ‘Contact Information’ for contact details.
Fox Run is grateful to have zero confirmed resident cases of COVID-19 in Assisted Living & Memory Care.
The Assisted Living & Memory Care staff are tested once per week, until further notice.
Visitation for Assisted Living and Memory Care, is available with restrictions and by appointment only. If at any point Fox Run receives a positive COVID-19 case from a Resident or employee, visitation will be suspended.
The following visitation guidelines are put into place by the NYSDOH.
- Visits are by appointment ONLY and are scheduled around daily activities
- There is a limit of two 30-minute visits per Resident, per week
- There is a limit of two visitors for one 30-minute indoor visit, and one visitor must be at least 18 years of age
- Visitors must wear a face mask covering both nose and mouth for the duration of visit, and maintain a distance of six feet from one another
- Food and beverages are NOT allowed, as masks must be worn the entire time
- All visitors must use hand sanitizer before and after their visit
- To schedule your visit call the Activities Department at 716.508.2157
- Visitation hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 9:30am–5:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10:00am–2:00pm
When arriving at the Fox Run campus, visitors must enter through the Health Center main entrance and be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Visitors will then be asked to drive around to the new Health Center Rehabilitation entrance to conduct their visit. Visits may only occur in designated areas, Resident rooms are strictly prohibited. All visitors coming from another state must comply with Governor Cuomo’s travel advisory; please scroll down to ‘Travel Advisory’ for more information. Visitation will be declined if an individual(s) exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or does not pass the screening questions.
If you choose to take a resident who resides in the Fox Run Assisted Living or Memory Care off-campus, they are required to have a COVID-19 test and a negative result with-in 24 hours to be able to return back to the Fox Run campus. This Resident will have to quarantine at Fox Run for 14 days and is required to have three additional COVID-19 tests during that 14 day quarantine. Please note, this does NOT apply to necessary medical appointments.
Keeping our Fox Run Residents and staff safe is our top priority. If you have any clinical questions regarding a loved one residing in Assisted Living or Memory Care, please contact Dana Sagliani, RN, Program Coordinator. Please scroll down to the ‘Contact Information’ for contact details.
Fox Run contracted with Walgreens Pharmacy as our vaccine partner pharmacy and is in the process of delivering and administering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. Availability and distribution are determined by the NYSDOH and CDC. Walgreens Pharmacy will be completing the consent forms, administering the vaccination, monitoring for side effects, providing education, and reporting the vaccine information to the NYSDOH, ECDOH and CDC.
Fox Run is happy to report the vaccination process is running smoothly. We are thankful to report that there were no significant reactions to the vaccine thus far and we continue to monitor all Residents for any changes in their health daily.
The three vaccinations dates for Skilled Nursing are as follows:
Day one 1.15.2021: Adminstersted 120 doses to Skilled Nursing Residents and staff
Day two 2.5.2021: Administered 128 doses to Skilled Nursing Residents and staff that received the vaccine on day one, and the first dose to the remaining Skilled Nursing Residents and staff
Day three 2.26.2021: Administered 16 doses to remaining second doses from the Skilled Nursing Residents and staff on day two
The three vaccinations dates for Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living are as follows:
Day one 1.26.2021: 290 doses were successfully given to Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Independent Living Residents and staff
Day two 2.16.2021: 308 doses were administered to all Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living Residents and staff that received the vaccine on day one, as well as distributed first dose to any remaining Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living Residents and staff
Day three 3.9.2021: Scheduled to administer 29 doses to any remaining second doses from the Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Independent Living Residents and staff on day two
Important information we would like to emphasize:
There will be approximately 21 days in between each clinic day. The vaccine is not mandatory. If your loved one has capacity, it is their decision. Autonomy is very important but if your loved one is not able to make medical decisions, someone will reach out to the responsible party to gain consent. Any employee who receives the vaccine will still be required to be tested and wear all required PPE when at Fox Run. Previously infected or current COVID-19 positive cases may still receive the vaccine, they just cannot be in their initial 14 day isolation period. All individuals who receive the vaccine will be given a vaccination card.
The Fox Run hair salon located in The Commons Building is open with restrictions for Community Members residing in the Independent Living apartments and patio homes. Please call Shari Barry at 716.508.2137 to book an appointment. The hair salon is open by appointment only, please leave a detailed message if no one answers.
The Fox Run Health Center hair salon is tentatively scheduled to open with restrictions on Monday, 3.15.2021. The salon will be open Monday through Thursday. All infection control protocols and standards will be in place. The stylists will be tested for COVID-19 regularly, per NYSDOH guidelines. If at any time the Health Center receives a positive COVID-19 case from a Resident or staff, salon services will be suspended.
Over the course of the pandemic, the Fox Run Health Center has had a total of 11 Residents who have come off quarantine. With a deep sense of sadness, Fox Run has lost three Community Members whose deaths were COVID-19 related.
Fox Run continues to be in daily contact with NYSDOH and our local representative from the ECDOH to ensure all processes and protocols are strictly followed. We continue to go above and beyond CDC guidelines.
Should you have any questions regarding Fox Run and the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact Fox Run CEO Bill Wlodarczyk, scroll down for contact information.
Fox Run has zero confirmed Community Member positive cases of COVID-19 in our Independent Living community.
Fox Run Independent Living Community Members and staff should continue to wear a mask at all times when in all commons areas including outdoors, and must try to maintain a distance of six feet from others.
Limited visitation is permitted outdoors and inside individual apartments & patio homes with strict guidelines. Visitors are NOT permitted in any indoor common areas. We stress the importance of Community Members to closely adhere to all social distancing precautions at all times (wear masks, frequent hand washing, six feet social distancing) but particularly when having visitors on the Fox Run campus.
All visitors must follow these important guidelines:
(Independent Living Community Members are responsible for ensuring all guidelines & protocols are followed by their visitors)
- Visitors are permitted from 8am-8pm daily, no overnight visits
- Number of visitors are limited to:
- Two for indoor visits per apartment or patio home
- Four for outdoor visits per apartment or patio home
- All visitors are required to wear a mask at all times, including outdoors, and must maintain a distance of six feet from one another
- All visitors (including outdoor visitors) must FIRST check-in at the Commons reception desk
- At check-in, a temperature check will be taken (to ensure it’s below 100℉) and each visitor must fill out a health questionnaire. If approved, a ‘visitor day pass’ will be issued
- After checking in, visitors must go directly to the apartment, patio home, or outdoor visiting area
- Visitors are NOT permitted to pick up meals or mail from the Commons
- Visitors are NOT permitted in The Oak Room including the patio, The Bistro, or The Michael J. Maloney Event Center
All visitors to the Fox Run campus coming from another state must comply with Governor Cuomo’s travel advisory. The guidelines for travelers visiting from non-contiguous states (states that DO NOT share a common border with NYS) still require a 10-day quarantine. These non-contiguous, out-of-state visitors may opt to ‘test out’ of the mandatory 10-day quarantine. Scroll down to see guidelines. Visitors traveling from states that are contiguous with NYS will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory. The contiguous states include Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Vermont.
For any visitors traveling to NYS from out of state (except the contiguous states), guidelines to ‘test-out’ of the mandatory 10-day quarantine include:
- For travelers who were in a non-contiguous state for more than 24-hours:
- Traveler must obtain a COVID-19 test within three days of departure from that state
- Traveler must, upon arrival in NYS, quarantine for three days
- On the fourth day of quarantine, traveler must receive another COVID-19 test
- If both tests are negative, the traveler may exit quarantine upon receipt of the second negative COVID-19 test
- For travelers who were in a non-contiguous state for less than 24-hours:
- The traveler does NOT need a test prior to departure from the other state, and does NOT need to quarantine upon arrival in NYS
- The traveler must fill out the traveler information form upon entry into NYS, and take a COVID-19 test four days after arrival back into NYS
For further clarification and questions regarding the NYS travel advisory please visit the official NYS Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 website: COVID-19 Travel Advisory, https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
- Wednesday Covid Updates with Fox Run CEO Bill Wlodarczyk
- Wednesdays at 2:00pm
- Friday Coffee Hour with Mary Wellington & Bill Wlodarczyk
- Fridays at 10:30am
- Fitness Classes with Jennelle Tucker, Fox Run Fitness Coordinator
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Mat Pilates/Yoga – 7:55am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Pilates/Yoga – 8:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Advance Strength & Stretch – 7:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Strength & Stretch – 8:55am
- Tuesday/Thursday – Gentle Seated – 10:55am
Channel 1390 has been experiencing some technical difficulties, we are aware of this issue and are working to rectify the situation. Thank you for your continued patience.
The Oak Room (formal dining) and the Bistro (informal dining) successfully re-opened for in-person dining on Tuesday 2.23.2021. The Acorn Club (private dining) and the Fox’s Den (pub) unfortunately remain closed until further notice.
The Bistro is open for in-person dining Monday-Saturday:
- Breakfast: 8:00am-10:00am
- Lunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
The Oak Room is open for in-person dining everyday:
- Dinner: 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Sunday Brunch (only meal): 11:00am-1:00pm
- RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED (except for Sunday Brunch)
- To make a reservation call 716.508.2142 by 4pm daily
Fox Run offers complimentary take-out and delivery everyday:
- Breakfast: 9:30am-10:00am
- Lunch: 11:30am-1:00pm
- Dinner: 4:30pm-5:00pm
- Sunday Brunch (only meal): 11:00am-11:30am
- Place orders in person at the hostess stand or call 716.508.2142
The dining services team have strict guidelines to follow by the NYSDOH. Please help us follow these guidelines and keep everyone safe. Masks must be worn at all times, except when seated at your table, do not place your mask on the table. There is one way traffic flow in and out of all dining venues, please abide by all traffic signs. Fox Run staff will direct you to your table. All dining venues have a maximum of four persons per table, two person tables are also available. You must remain seated throughout your entire meal. Fox Run staff will assist you with whatever you need during your meal. These strict guidelines are set in place for the safety of every community member and staff. We look forward to serving you soon, safely.
We recently introduced our version of a meal kit service created by the Fox Run Dining Services Team. This service provides an easy way for Fox Run Community Members & staff to cook their own innovative chef-like meals right at home. Each meal kit comes with a step-by-step recipe and all the ingredients needed, freshly packed and pre-portioned.
Fox Run Community Members may use their declining balance for one meal kit. Additional meals kits will be charged to the resident’s monthly service fee statement. Staff, cash only please.
To Order The Fox’s Market: The current weekly menu order forms will be distributed through in-house mailboxes every Sunday. Additional order forms are available at the hostess stand.
Please return all order forms to the hostess stand or by calling the Dining Services Department at 716.508.2142, by the deadline listed on the order form.
The Fitness center is open with restrictions. Community Members must social distance when using the equipment in the Fitness Center, and must sanitize the equipment before and after every use.
Jennelle’s in-person fitness classes are in the Fitness Center with restrictions. Only six Community Members per fitness class are permitted. Each Community Member must sanitize their equipment and chair before and after every class.
All of Jennelle’s fitness classes will broadcast on the Fox Run in-house TV Channel 1390 and on the secure Google drive, information below. If you have any questions please contact Jennelle, contact information is below.
Is available with Jennelle, please contact her for more information and to schedule an appointment. Her contact information is below.
Fox Run Community Members may access Jennelle’s fitness classes online through a secure Google drive. These fitness videos can be watched at any time on your personal computer or device from the comfort of your own home.
All 10 fitness classes are on the Google drive: Mat Pilates/Yoga, Pilates/Yoga, Advance Strength & Stretch, Strength & Stretch, and Gentle Seated. If you would like more information or access to these fitness videos, contact Jennelle Tucker, Fitness Coordinator at JTucker@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2113.
The pool is open with a limit of six Community Members in the pool area at one time. The hot tub and locker room showers are closed until further notice.
In-person religious services are available for Fox Run Community Members only and with limited attendance. Please wear masks while in attendance through the entire service and please do not move the limited number of chairs, as they have been appropriately placed six feet apart.
Catholic Mass is held on Saturdays at 2:00pm & 4:00pm, in the Michael J. Maloney Event Center. Sanitization will occur in between masses.
Ecumenical Service is held on Sundays at 4:00pm, also in the Michael J. Maloney Center.
- For assistance with Instacart deliveries, please contact the Creative Arts Department at 716.508.2108
- Deliveries to Community Members living in the Arbor View apartments must be delivered to The Commons Building. Fox Run staff will call and ask the Community Member to come to the Commons Reception desk to pick up their items. If the Community Member is unable, Fox Run staff will deliver them
- Deliveries to Community Members living in the Fox Run patio homes should go directly to the patio homes
- Any Fox Run Community Members that needs a mask, please contact the Commons Reception desk
If you have questions or concerns about your Independent Living loved one please contact Mary Wellington, Director of Resident Services, scroll down for contact information.
On behalf of our management team, we appreciate your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.
William ‘Bill’ Wlodarczyk, CPA, Chief Executive Officer:
WWlodarczyk@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2122
Mary Wellington, Director of Resident Services:
MWellington@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2106
Janine Fino, RN, Director of Nursing:
JFino@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2161
Ellen Pautler, RN, Wellness Nurse:
EPautler@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.864.5449
Lisa Sanders, Executive Chef:
LSanders@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2131
Dana Sagliani, LPN, Program Coordinator:
DSagliani@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2152
Jennifer Pellicane, Activity Supervisor:
JPellicane@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2157
Jennelle Tucker, Fitness Coordinator:
JTucker@foxrunorchardpark.com or 716.508.2113